Valley Bible Church’s vision for Gospel Rooted Kids is to spiritually love, encourage, grow, and develop children, so that they will have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
We hope to foster this vision by:
- Providing a safe place for children
- Providing creative and age-appropriate Scripture-based instruction
- Offer intentional shepherding through each lesson by modeling Jesus Christ and helping children apply what was taught
- Providing a fun atmosphere for children to share their lives and grow with one another
- Our nursery is designed to encourage babies with care and compassion that exposes them to God’s love.
- When babies arrive, volunteers take note of any specific feeding, changing, and nap times they may adhere to, along with other unique needs of each child.
Toddlers (walking to age 2)
- Our toddler’s room is designed to encourage positive, loving relationships with one another, volunteers, and the Lord through small group and individual interactions.
- The goal of our toddler ministry is to inspire the children to wonder and begin discovering who God is so that they may move toward having a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Children’s Curriculum (age 3-11)
- The children from ages 3 to 11 are currently divided into three curriculum groups.
- We have a group for students Pre-K to 1st grade, a group for students 2nd grade to 3rd grade and a group for 4th and 5th graders.
- We will continue to divide our children into groups that best meet their learning needs as our church grows.
- We are passionate about teaching the bible in a way that is relatable to the kids and shows them the story of Redemption.
- We desire to show how every story points to the person and work of Jesus. We use the Gospel Project curriculum which you can look at in more detail here:
Each of our children’s ministry volunteers is a member of Valley Bible Church and has completed the membership program. Each volunteer completes a VBC application and background check and then meets with our children’s ministry deacon to be trained in the vision, guidelines, and policies of Valley Bible Church Children’s Ministry.
Policies and Procedures
- Volunteers are teamed in groups of 2 or 3 to ensure the safety of our children.
- Each volunteer team follows a program including a variety of engaging and enriching activities.
- Children are escorted to the restroom throughout the service by a female volunteer.
- Male volunteers are always accompanied by a female volunteer and do not escort children to the restroom or change diapers.
- Diapers are checked every 30 minutes by our volunteers and before being picked up by their parents
For more information about Gospel Rooted Kids, contact Joy Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org.