Valley Bible’s vision for the children’s ministry is to spiritually love, encourage, grow, and develop children that they will have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
We hope to foster this vision by:
- Providing a safe place for children.
- Providing creative Scripture-based instruction on the kids’ instructional level.
- Offer intentional shepherding through each lesson by modeling Jesus Christ and helping children apply what they have learned.
- Providing a fun atmosphere for children to share their lives and grow with one another.
Shepherding the Sheep
Each of our children’s ministry volunteers is a member of Valley Bible Church and has completed the membership program. Each volunteer completes a VBC application and background check, and then meets with our children’s leader to be trained in the vision, guidelines, and policies of Valley Bible Church Children’s Ministry.
- Volunteers are teamed in groups of 2 or 3 to ensure the safety of our children.
- Each volunteer team follows a program including a variety of engaging and enriching activities.
- Children are escorted to the restroom throughout the service by a female volunteer.
- Male volunteers are always accompanied by a female volunteer and do not escort children to the restroom or change diapers.
- Diapers are checked every 30 minutes by our volunteers and before being picked up by their parents
Children's Curriculum (Ages 3-11)
The children from ages 3 to 11 are currently divided into three curriculum groups. We have a group for students Pre-K to 1st grade, a group for students 2nd grade to 3rd grade and a group for 4th and 5th graders. We will continue to divide our children into groups that best meet their learning needs as our church grows. We are passionate about teaching the bible in a way that is relatable to the kids and shows them the story of Redemption. We desire to show how every story points to the person and work of Jesus. We use the Gospel Project curriculum which you can look at in more detail here:
Children's Ministry Assistant